Kesar Kheer - A traditional Indian Rice Pudding.
Kesar KheerKesar Kheer - A traditional Indian Rice Pudding.Navjeet Sachdeva
Full Cream Milk
Cardamom Powder .
Blanched Dry Fruits .
- Wash and soak basmati rice for half an hour
- In a pressure cooker add soaked rice, half a litre and half a litre water. Pressure cook for 3 whistles. Let the steam release on its own before you open it.
- Warm 2 tablespoon of milk out of half litre and soak saffron strands.
- Rest of milk you add in cooked rice and mix well.
- Switch on the flame and keep it on low.
- Add milkmaid. Stir well.
- Add cardamom powder. Keep on stirring to avoid burning.
- Finally add saffron milk and mix. You can adjust consistency by adding more milk if you feel like its bit thick. Boil for around 10 mins.
- Finally add dry fruits and serve hot or chilled as per your choice.